Saturday, August 3, 2013

I have decided to post a few reviews about protein bars that I run across, if only because there are so many on the market.  The selection is varied enough to satisfy just about every diet, food and ethical preference one lives by.

I picked up the GoMacro Macrobar at my neighborhood Whole Foods after looking specifically for the 22 Days brand of protein bar.  As I did not run across that one, I chose this one.  Why?, well frankly because it had some weight to it and it is Vegan and USDA certified organic, plus the flavor "Cashew Butter" sounded pretty darn good.  I am trying to lean toward a raw eating lifestyle, but I am still attached to meal bars for that extra bit of nutrition I need to get into my body.

The GoMacro bar is made by GoMacro Inc headquartered in Viola, Wisconsin, click on their website here: GoMacro Principles and you will be directed to the company's core belief section of their website, of which I was really impressed.  The above bar has 11 grams of fat, 2.5 of which are saturated fat, and has a mere 10 grams of sodium, 38 grams of carbs and 12 grams of protein.  Now, considering that this particular flavor bar has 15 grams of sugar made me think it'd satisfy my sweet tooth while also satisfying my hunger.  Well, it filled the hole in my tummy, but surprisingly, it was not overly sweet (not that I was looking for it to be, in the first place).  The inside packaging is like looking at foil which allowed me to also realize that the fat content is definitely there because as I took a bite, teeny, tiny little beads of "fat?" perhaps? was visible on the packaging.  There are pieces of cashews in the bar, which are quite tasty.  Overall, this is a good little bar, which definitely satisfies hunger and there is no "after taste," which some bars tend to have.  It is also "Non GMO Certified" of which I greatly respect.  I try to only consume non-GMO items as no one knows the long-term effects GMO's will have on a person's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment